Old October 8th 08, 12:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default New DLR trains

On Sep 28, 7:56*pm, wrote:
I've only travelled on one from Mudchute to Greenwich so there was
never much 'wobble' on the stretch anyway. What I can say though is
that the ride quality is very different. Feels and sounds like you're
on a completely different transport system!

I've now managed to glimpse a new train, but that's all.

I've noticed how, on the wobblier sections, the shiny surface of the
tracks has a very zigzaggy pattern, and I wonder if the wobbling has
worn a groove in the tracks that the new trains can't help but follow.

And at a tangent, I see that the fork between the North Curve and the
West Curve is now a normal flat junction which is in use, and the
rollercoaster no longer has any track. It has also been severed where
it crosses the tracks towards Poplar.

I still can't quite see where the new track will go. Maybe on lowered
pillars in exactly the same alignment as the rollercoaster, because
there isn't a lot of space.