Old October 10th 08, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default London bus strikes

On Oct 10, 3:02�pm, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 03:37:31 -0700 (PDT), Boltar

wrote:
Their job is neither mentally or physically taxing and
apart from the odd yob with a flick knife in certain dodgy areas not
exactly dangerous either.

Cant agree with you on these points I would not go back to driving
buses for twice what drivers are getting today we used to think we
where hard done by back in the sixties and seventies.With employers
like Stagecoach who have cut journey times down so much a driver
cannot keep on time without any slight hold ups a driver must be
nackered at the end of a shift . I have recently traveled on three
routes which when I was driving I used to dread due to having to crawl
at a snails pace to prevent being early at any given timing point now
for the most point it is pedal to metal and they can hardly keep to
time .

Is that why drivers on routes 28 and 295 drive like Formula 1 drivers
for most of the route, failing to stop even when passengers are
standing in the road hailing them, and then when they (in case of 295)
get to the Clapham Junction terminus they take a 30 to 45 minute
break?

Marc.