Old October 12th 08, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alex Ingram Alex Ingram is offline

Default Wood Lane station

Paul Weaver wrote:
On 12 Oct, 12:44, wrote:
I gather this opened today, with the Shepherds Bush to Shepherds Bush
Market renaming at the same time. I gather that completes the rail
openings in that area.

Anyone been?

They kept that quiet.

I got an e-mail from TFL this morning to tell me it had opened (are they
using Oystercard data to target these?) and a nice leaflet on all the
new transport facilities in the area.

If only the H&C had a decent frequency or speed

I don't know why people malign the H&C so much on those topics. It's
remarkably handy living in this part of West London to be able to use
the H&C rather than the District to reach places like Edgware Road.

Is Paddington in 12 minutes from Goldhawk Road really that slow?
Certainly once the 8 minute service

And on what other line would a driver get out of his cab and help a
blind guy with their journey or even re-open the doors when he sees me
dahsing up the steps at Goldhawk Road. It's a much more village railway
feel I guess and you can hate some aspects of that, but that has other
merits!

Used the new Shepherds Bush Central Line yesterday, very dislocating the
way the station is now set so far back. Also, unless they radically
rephase the lights in favour of pedestrians there is going to be a
permanent queue of them crossing the road outside.