Old October 12th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] paul.weaver.uk@googlemail.com is offline

Default London bus strikes

On 10 Oct, 11:37, Boltar wrote:
On Oct 10, 10:00 am, John B wrote:

Indeed. I've never been especially convinced by the logic of "I've got
two PhDs in astrophysics and only make GBP5 per week, so
$group_of_manual_workers should starve in the gutter"...

A job should be paid on the amount of effort (either physical or
mental) or danger it entails.

A job should be paid on the end result. Valuing that result is easier
said than done though.

Hence deep sea divers are paid a lot,
scientists and soldiers should be paid a lot but arn't , bus drivers
should not. Their job is neither mentally or physically taxing and
apart from the odd yob with a flick knife in certain dodgy areas not
exactly dangerous either.

Should cycle couriers be paid a fortune?