Old October 12th 08, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] paul.weaver.uk@googlemail.com is offline

Default London bus strikes

On 12 Oct, 12:30, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:08:04 -0700 (PDT), Boltar

wrote:
No? Well I'd do it for 60K and I bet most others would too.

I certainly would. *But I wouldn't do it for 20K unless there was no
other even vaguely suitable employment available.

Many (most) people on the newsgroup have the skills to get a higher
paid job in an area of work, or the flexibility to not worry about
money vs enjoyment.

Given the skills required to drive a bus, for someone leaving school
at 16, £20k for sitting on your arse all day is a very good salary.
Likewise for anyone recently losing a job in the city and fancying a
change of pace.

For someone that's spent at least 5 years post-16, at a high cost, to
get a basic (yet useful) university education, £20k isn't that
enticing.