Old October 13th 08, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Tories 20BN railway to replace Heathrow expansion (St Pancras is Heathrow T6, again)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:58:32 -0700 (PDT), John B
wrote:

I'd be interested to see any studies on the cost per km of a new 225km/
h line versus the cost of a new LGV - and rather surprised if they
were significantly different.

Do we need another line for that, though, or would we be better off,
say, spending the money on lengthening platforms and extending all the
Pendolinos to 14 cars?

Neil

--
Neil Williams