Old December 2nd 03, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Darryl Chamberlain Darryl Chamberlain is offline

Default Oyster Confusion

Christine wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:08:11 +0000, Jason
wrote:

Even if it's purchased from a National Rail station?

What if you get a Special Privilege Season like I do, that has to
have authority before purchasing, can't see them giving me an Oyster
card!

Which leads me onto my particular Oyster problem. Say I renew my Zones
1-3 Travelcard with South Eastern Trains next week, which will be
cheaper than a brand new Travelcard bought through Oyster because I'll
get 5% off because of Connex/SET's poor performance. Because National
Rail isn't issuing Oystercards, I'll get a old-style paper ticket.

But say I want to use a pre-paid Oyster to cover an excess journey to
Heathrow, which would start off with my old-style travelcard? It
sounds as if I'd have to jump out at the zonal boundary, tap my Oyster
card on the ticket gate, and then run back onto the train again.
Curious.

Darryl