Old October 17th 08, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Dragon Tony Dragon is offline

Default Fare Evasion

Jamie Thompson wrote:
On 17 Oct, 08:35, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:34:06 on Thu, 16
Oct 2008, tim..... remarked:

You're going to have to come up with a convincing reason why you "just
happened" to have someone else's freedom pass in you pocket in the first
place.
Personally, I can't think of a reason I would believe if I were the jury

Depends who the Freedom Pass belonged to, and why he had it. If it was
his wife's and had picked it up from the council office that day, and
was in the process of taking it home - then the possession would be
understandable (even if the accidental nature of the use might be a more
difficult thing to explain).

Are freedom passes oyster cards? - If so, then if you had one in your
wallet along with your normal Oyster (as suggested, say you were
picking it up or it just happened to be in a pile with the rest of
your normal credit cards et al. that morning etc.) and the barrier
reader found it before your oyster and used it instead....these are
contactless cards that live out of sight, after all.

Does anyone know what happens if you have multiple oysters next to
each other when you swipe?

Been there, done it.
I have a freedom pass & a oyster card (for use before 9am)
Not thinking I had them both in my wallet, I later found that the oyster
had been debited (no way of telling if the Freedom Pass had been scanned)

--
Tony the Dragon