Old October 17th 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Fare Evasion

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

Freedom Passes are Oyster Cards.
Freedom Passes are orange and brown, ordinary Oyster cards are blue and
bright turquoise. These colours are easily accidentally confused - not.

I read a similar story a few years ago in this very newsgroup. I didn't
believe the OP ?Michelle? then and I certainly don't believe the OP here
now.

Pull the other one, it's gt bells on!

This is it, google found it:

"On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:40:20 +0000, Michelle wrote:

I don't know if anyone can help, but any further advice will be much
appreciated. I recieved the letter from london underground saying
legal proceedings may be initiated against me. I'm supposed to send
the letter back within 10 days with my full details and if I want to
write any comments I can, but it will be used as evidence. I don't
know what to do or what to say. I'm still scared as to what is going
to happen. I keep thinking I'm going to prison because I was using a
freedom pass as opposed to not having a ticket. Is this likely? If
I'm fined, how much is likely in a case like mine? Would it make a
difference if I write how sorry I am and how frightened I've been? Or
should I write nothing? What happens if I don't send the letter back?
Also someone here said if I get a criminal record for this it'll last
for 5 years, is this true I thought it was for life? I honestly don't
know what to do anymore. I feel so stupid for being in a rush that day
and not thinking things through. I think someone suggested I seek help
from a solicitor, how do I go about this? Sorry I have no idea how
this works."

Remarkably similar - both spell 'recieved' the same anyway... :-)

Paul