Old October 18th 08, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Fare Evasion

In message , at 23:53:07 on Fri, 17
Oct 2008, tim..... remarked:
Is there a rule against having someone collect a replacement, if yours is
lost or needs renewing?

It's not really going to be covered by a "rule", more like a "procedure"
that is used for everyone.

The procedure "is what it is", and I think it unlikely that it will be
"someone collects it at a date/place different to the lodging of the
application" as that is not going to be convenient for many people.

For many people it will be convenient for someone else to collect a
replacement for a lost pass - saving them the trip. Just like I often
buy railway tickets for my wife because I happen to be passing the
station, and she then doesn't have to queue up on the day of travel.