Old October 19th 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Philip Hardy Philip Hardy is offline

Default The next IRRS London meeting - Modernisation of Irish Rail withOliver Doyle

Paul Rigg wrote:

Similarly if Dublin-Cork was done there would still be a lot of diesel
working to Tralee/Limerick/Galway/Westport/Ballina/Waterford as those
lines only see a maximum of 4 or 5 trains a day. Not even the SNCF
would electrify them.

Your information is a little out of date. The Mallow - Killarney -
Tralee line now has a two hourly service in each direction for instance
(9 per day, each way). Still probably not enough to make any knitting
worth it though.

About time I paid that part of the world a visit again I think...

Philip.