Old October 20th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
, at
14:35:03 on Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Mr Thant
remarked:
The most significant parts of it don't happen until 2012-15
(rebuilding London Bridge and adding flyovers on its approaches,
wiring up the ECML connection, and replacing the whole fleet), so
you'd probably want to call it Thameslink 2015*.

(* unless you're in the camp who thinks the second phase won't happen,
which I've been pondering joining)

Thameslink 2015 it is, then I won't believe it's finished until I can
get a through train from Cambridge to Gatwick - one of the original
attractions of the scheme for me.

Not a total pessimist then, they won't believe it's finished until they can
get from Littlehampton to Kings Lynn...

Paul