Old October 20th 08, 11:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 9:51 am, Roland Perry wrote:

you'd probably want to call it Thameslink 2015*.

(* unless you're in the camp who thinks the second phase won't happen,
which I've been pondering joining)

Thameslink 2015 it is, then I won't believe it's finished until I
can get a through train from Cambridge to Gatwick - one of the original

I am now of the opinion you won't.

Even though they completed the tunnelling into SPILL I have alwys been
sceptical about connecting up GN to it.

They are going to all this trouble of re-arranging appoaches to
Blackfriars and south/east thereof to avoid as far as possible
conflicting moves to make 24 TPH in the core work, and then build a
new junction across which every move will conflict right *in* the
core ?!?!?!?

IMHO as a practical connection the GN was lost when the re-jigged
SPILL from being a 4 platform station under KX/SP of pre-Eusostar days
to 2-platforms under-SPILL box. With 4 platforms you could dovetail /
hold / alternate / regulate around junction, with 2 platforms you
cannot.

--
Nick