Old October 20th 08, 11:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 11:56*am, Kev wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:04*am, Rupert Candy wrote:

Like many on these groups, I try not to believe any transport project
is actually happening "until they start digging". *So, having been
away for a week or so, I was gratified to notice several signs that
"Thameslink 2000" (or whatever they're calling it these days) might
actually happen. *They've started piling at the southern end of
Blackfriars railway bridge (by the old bridge supports) - presumably
for the second river crossing - and there are hoardings at Farringdon
by the north end footbridge, though no signs of actual construction
yet. *I also noticed a stripy eye-catching "Thameslink Project"
information stand at Moorgate - currently empty, but presumably will
soon hold "You're not getting any Thameslink trains any more"
leaflets...

I think that you naive attitude to how a project is implemented then.
Now wonder there are many scew ups when people think that all that is
involved in implementing a project is to "dig holes".

With respect, I think it's your interpretation of my original post
that's naive. By 'dig holes' I meant 'tangible signs of actual
construction' as opposed to 'meaningless Government/Evening Standard
spin about Crossrail getting green light'. Clearer?

(apologies for lack of snipping, posted from mobile phone)