Old October 20th 08, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default Senior Citizen from Somerset

"Jim Brittin" [wake up to reply] wrote in
message m...
In article ,
says...

"Jim Brittin" [wake up to reply] wrote
in
message m...
In article ,
says...
I've looked at both the Somerset and TFL websites and I can't find
out:

(1) When I board a bus in London with my Somerset issued National
Senior
pass do I just show it or wave it at the Oyster reader or what?

(2) Is the pass valid on Croydon Tramlink?

Hi Graham

[1] Just show it

[2] No, only valid on buses in London

see
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/7327.aspx

The only trams in England that accept these passes are those in
Sheffield, presumably because they're run by Stagecoach.

I didn't think of looking at "Freedom Pass" I did a search on the site
for
senior citizen!

PS does the name Parador Travel mean anything to you, Jim?

Yes Grum, sadly now a sushi and dele place.

I remember when Mira set it up. The bank (who owned it) were very careful
about what they would (perhaps more importantly would not) let her do. It
all had to be "in keeping". Either they sold the freehold or relaxed their
standards (or want to make money!).