Old October 20th 08, 03:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Visible signs of Thameslink 2000

On Oct 20, 2:15 pm, Roland Perry wrote:

Don't forget these are long 12 car trains running into or out of the
SPILL station stop - and all trains will stop - they ain't going to be
high speed across the convergence point.

Those two seem mutually contradictory. There's plenty of time to change
the points while each train is stopped in the station.

When I get some time I shall re-run something on a simulator that
shows why a platform stop right next switches either upstream or
downstream of a convergance point does reduce theoretical headway be
it conventional block or moving block signalling.

--
Nick