Old October 20th 08, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bill Borland Bill Borland is offline

Default Senior Citizen from Somerset

In article , Jim Brittin
writes
In article ,
says...
I've looked at both the Somerset and TFL websites and I can't find out:

(1) When I board a bus in London with my Somerset issued National Senior
pass do I just show it or wave it at the Oyster reader or what?

(2) Is the pass valid on Croydon Tramlink?

From a different angle -
I have a London "Freedom Pass". Until this year it was valid only
inside the Greater London boundary (or to the first railway station
outside that boundary, or anywhere on the LUL network - I'm not
complaining!). For example, I could use it on the 246 bus (Bromley
to Westerham) only as far as a point somewhere between Biggin Hill
and Westerham, since Westerham itself is in Kent, not London. It is
now valid on "local buses outside London" - does anyone know if this
means that I can use it on TfL buses outside the GLC boundary, e.g.
all the way to Westerham?
I don't want to ask TfL themselves, since any enquiry to any official
body beginning "can I ... " tends to get an automatic answer of "No".

--
Bill Borland