Old October 22nd 08, 07:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Shenanigans at Paddington

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 05:33:26 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be John B
wrote this:-

The refurb HSTs have comfortable seats,

I travelled on one recently. I thought that it was generally a good
job, though they should have installed wi-fi.

However, the ridiculous seat backs not only cut off the view, they
also make it more difficult to walk along the train. BTW the view is
not some fancy optional extra, observation by fellow passengers has
some effect on what is now called anti-social behaviour and the
police have been trying to get councils to design out hidden spaces
for decades. I suggest that this is far more important for
passengers as it is something they may experience every day, a crash
is something most passengers never experience.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh