Old October 22nd 08, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

On Oct 22, 12:26 pm, John B wrote:
But (assuming you mean an Inner London, ex-county-of-London borough)
you're in a minority - Ken won the majority of votes in Inner London
and lost because of the strong Tory contingent in places like Bromley.

London is where its currently defined municiple borders end , not at a
convenient point for left wingers. If you want just the historical
london then you should go back to roman times which would give you
the City itself, ironically a truer blue tory area you'll not be
likely to find anywhere in the country.

Did you somehow fail to notice that - like the vast majority of
politicians - Ken is, err, a white middle-class male? And I wouldn't

He may well be , but he's of the standard self hating liberal type you
find dotted all around the left wing pseudo intellectual arena.

personally class the massive focus on transport improvement that was
the primary characteristic Ken's time in power (both in the 1980s and
the 2000s) as a right-on minority cause.

Can't say I noticed. The tube was just as crap as ever and even more
expensive when I thankfully could give up using it to commute earlier
this year.

B2003