Old October 22nd 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

Boltar wrote:

London is where its currently defined municiple borders end , not at a
convenient point for left wingers. If you want just the historical
london then you should go back to roman times which would give you
the City itself, ironically a truer blue tory area you'll not be
likely to find anywhere in the country.

I may be mistaken but I think the actual residential voters in the City have
gone Labour several times. (Although didn't Boris carry the City this time?)
There are only about 7000 voters, from recollection mainly key workers and
nursing students. Very little of the City's "truer blue" tendency is
residential. I'm reminded of the 1940 US Presidential election which was
billed as "Roosevelt vs. Wall Street." Roosevelt carried the Wall Street
precinct by 3:1. (Literally, the voters were a businessman, an engineer, a
caretaker and his wife.)