Old October 23rd 08, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

Colin McKenzie gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

The queue exists because more cars are trying to get through than one
cycle of the lights can accommodate. I filter on my bike to ensure that
I only have to wait one cycle. It may not be necessary to go all the way
to the front - but there may be no other gaps in the queue.

So, when you start to approach the back of the queue, you make sure it's
clear to do so, move to the right hand edge of the lane, and pass to the
right of any left-turning lanes.

If the traffic starts moving before you've got to the front of the lane,
then it's not an issue, because they won't be going far/fast, and you can
move back to the primary position or wherever you prefer fairly easily,
before repeating it at the next lights...

No squeezing through two-foot gaps (although any vaguely competent
drivers will have left much larger gaps than that anyway).
No diving into oncoming traffic.
Nothing but safe and seamless advance planning and manouvering.

No problems.