Old October 23rd 08, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
BRB Class 465 BRB Class 465 is offline

Default Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

On 22 Oct, 10:54, wrote:
Quite frankly I tend to find (not here, but in general) that a lot of
the criticism the bendies get comes from people who've never even been
on one (let alone used them regularly),

So the views of these people don't count then?

I've never been on a bendy bus, and pretty much never choose to travel
on buses (despite getting free travel on them).

I have, however, on many occasions come out of an Underground station
and been unable to cross a road because a bendy bus is blocking the
road, or had a road journey (by bicycle or car) take longer because of
congestion caused by these hideous things.

I have also witnessed safety-related incidents where the traffic
movements caused by bendy buses has posed a danger to cyclists and
pedestrians.

But, of course, my views don't count because I've never been on a
bendy bus.