Old October 30th 08, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sharing an Oyster PAYG

In article ,
(Stephen Osborn) wrote:

But get an oyster card for each of your friends and then return it to
get the 3GBP deposit back when they leave. (Make sure they don't have
any unresolved journeys)

Nice idea but unfortunately impractical. The problem is that
Oyster PAYG is essentially a Tube system and I live in SE London
and I almost exclusively use trains & buses.

To get a refund the TFL website says to go to a Tube station but my
nearest one is c. 6 miles by crows flight.

That is why the present cash fares premium is such a pain for some users.

I have to keep a minimum zone 1 tube fare as permanent minimum credit on
mine because I live in Cambridge and arrive in London at King's Cross
where there are often horrendous queues even at ticket machines.

At least with £1.50 credit I can top up at the end of my first journey for
now, but when they close more ticket offices and I need a receipt for the
actual amount spent that day it will become a problem again.

--
Colin Rosenstiel