Old November 1st 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default No Trains Today

David Biddulph wrote:

According to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...s/cleared.html
the problems were "overhead wire problems in the Hertford North area", so of
course down to network Rail, not FCC, but I agree that the station operators
should have given more information, including reference to the replacement
bus service. I see that there are delays today, for the same reason.

It appears that a tree came down somewhere between Crews Hill and
Cuffley, taking 100m of overhead line with it and causing some damage to
a 37 core signalling cable, knocking out the power to a number of
signals and meaning trains had to be "talked past" them.

Cheers,

Barry