Old November 1st 08, 09:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Penalty fare increase

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:58:44 -0700 (PDT), John B
wrote:

(not to be confused with certain long-distance rail companies charging
you an eye-wateringly expensive fare if you board without a / with the
wrong ticket - this is the regular Anytime Single fare).

Or bus companies' "Standard Fares" which don't come under the PF rules
either. I wonder why they don't have to follow it but the railway and
TfL do?

That said, I've never heard of a bus company actually charging one,
largely due to the lack of ticket inspectors. But, then again, some
don't see to care - MK Metro have been known to display posters
reading as follows, which I thought was a wonderfully British
non-deterrent:-

"Passengers must retain their tickets for possible inspection. If
found without a valid ticket, you will be required to pay the correct
fare for the journey you have made."

Really.

Neil

--