Old November 1st 08, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Liverpool street bay platform

On Nov 1, 6:48*pm, chunky munky wrote:
On Nov 1, 5:40*pm, wrote:

Many years ago when passing through Liverpool Street on the circle I
noticed that there was a bay platform which was out of use. At the
time there was major works going on so I assumed that it would be
reinstated when the works were completed.

Passing through the other day it was still behind hoardings and out of
use. *Is their any plan to bring it back into use. *I would have
though it would have been useful in times of disruption / engineering
works to turn trains back.

Does anyone know if there any plans to bring it back into use ?

No plans to bring it back.

Its nowhere near long enough for the current and future trains either.

It was used by eight-coach A Stock trains (generally to Amersham in
the peaks).

I thought it was pretty permanently used as offices now, but I haven't
looked recently.