Old November 1st 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen O'Connell[_3_] Stephen O'Connell[_3_] is offline

Default Liverpool street bay platform

chunky munky wrote:
On Nov 1, 5:40 pm, wrote:
Many years ago when passing through Liverpool Street on the circle I
noticed that there was a bay platform which was out of use. At the
time there was major works going on so I assumed that it would be
reinstated when the works were completed.

Passing through the other day it was still behind hoardings and out
of use. Is their any plan to bring it back into use. I would have
though it would have been useful in times of disruption / engineering
works to turn trains back.

Does anyone know if there any plans to bring it back into use ?

No plans to bring it back.

Its nowhere near long enough for the current and future trains either.

Normal length A-Stock definitely used it when it was open. I often
jumped off a Circle on to the Met at Liverpool Street if there was a
train waiting in the bay... if there wasn't, Moorgate did the same job.