Old November 2nd 08, 10:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Shepherds Bush Central Line

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:55:30 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Apparently (BBC teletext refers) the station closed for two hours today
because of
Westfield related overcrowding.
I hadn't seen that when I asked in an earlier post about the effect on the
local stations of the centre opening, but I always suspected that of the
various options for travel the Central Line platforms would be the weakest
link...

A check of the daily report shows one of the escalators failed and then
the Police asked for the station to be closed. When the escalator was
returned to service the station reopened. I think that places a
different emphasis on events.
--
Paul C