Old November 2nd 08, 10:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Shepherds Bush Central Line

On 2 Nov, 04:29, Paul Corfield wrote:
Perhaps those spare Class 508s that South Eastern have stored could be used?

It's rumoured LO will be retuning their own 508s to the leasing
company shortly.

*Is there third rail all
the way in to Willesden Junction High Level or is dual voltage
capability absolutely essential to get there?

Not as far as I know. But the 378s will be entering service in a few
month's time, so if they hang on to their 313s they'll have a short
term fleet expansion. But I'm not sure what the capacity limit is on
the West London Line.

I opted to go home via
the Central Line and while the station wasn't packed the obvious
contrast was between the relatively spacious ticket hall and all the old
cramped facilities down below. *The fact everyone spills on to the e/b
platform when heading for the trains doesn't help matters and obviously
the reverse applies for exit.

This might be something you know more than me about, but AFAIK the
whole scheme was planned around TfL paying for "below ground works"
that would give you lifts and a new passageway parallel to the
platform that would take people to the other end. They decided it was
looking way too expensive, and that's why we're where we are.