Old November 2nd 08, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken @ Birchanger Ken @ Birchanger is offline

Default Liverpool street bay platform

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:15:21 -0000, "Stephen O'Connell"
wrote:

Normal length A-Stock definitely used it when it was open. I often
jumped off a Circle on to the Met at Liverpool Street if there was a
train waiting in the bay... if there wasn't, Moorgate did the same job.

A few years ago when I was commuting to Uxbridge I used to catch the
first Northbound met of the day from the City, which started from the
LS bay at about 7.40. Well, usually. About once a week it only got as
far south as the Moorgate bays, but announcements were usually made in
good time.

I don't use the Met very often these days. Tell me - do you still get
the spectacular fireworks display when an eastbound A stock has its
fourth-rail shoe almost-but-not-quite touching the conductor rail ramp
by the crossover at the western end of Liverpool Street?