Old November 2nd 08, 10:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Shepherds Bush Central Line

On 2 Nov, 11:01, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:55:30 -0000, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
Apparently (BBC teletext refers) the station closed for two hours today
because of
Westfield related overcrowding.
I hadn't seen that when I asked in an earlier post about the effect on the
local stations of the centre opening, but I always suspected that of the
various options for travel the Central Line platforms would be the weakest
link...

A check of the daily report shows one of the escalators failed and then
the Police asked for the station to be closed. *When the escalator was
returned to service the station reopened. *I think that places a
different emphasis on events.

It does indeed. Though I suppose it begs the questions as to why a
brand new escalator failed!

I also wonder why the Police (presumably the BTP) asked for the
station to close as opposed to LU staff deciding on this action
themselves - though I dare say that a simple one line report cannot
really explain the whole situation properly.