Old November 4th 08, 09:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Yokel[_2_] Yokel[_2_] is offline

Default Shepherds Bush Central Line

"Mizter T" wrote in message

| However the best way to approach it from south London is surely by
| train or tube, though not at rush hour! The London Overground WLL
| service will take you up there from Clapham Junction, and come
| December (unless I've got this muddled) trains going up the WLL from
| will be starting from East Croydon stopping at all stations via
| Norbury and Balham (I forget - is this service going to become more
| frequent than hourly?).

The service in the December 2008 timetable will be hourly (off peak and
weekend). However, there seem to be two pathways each hour allowed between
the West London Line platforms 16 and 17 at Clapham Junction and the
Brighton Lines. The revised service uses the alternate path to the one
currently in use, so those of you who use this link will find your departure
times from Clapham Junction radically different in a few weeks. The other
path appears to be left unused for the time being, which as this service is
being transferred from "fast" to "slow" lines will result in one 10-minute
gap in each hour in the "stopping" service between Clapham Junction and
Balham, compared to the current service which is a minimum 6 minute
interval. So it seems the potential exists for two trains per hour each way
if demand justifies it.
--
- Yokel -
oo oo

"Yokel" posts via a spam-trap account which is not read.