Old November 7th 08, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Getting an early morning train at Euston from Putney

On 7 Nov, 10:16, MIG wrote:

On 7 Nov, 01:26, wrote:

I'm planning to get the 06:20 to Manchester next Thursday.

The best way to get there appears to be to get a 14 from Putney Station at
05:03 or 05:18 and walk from the Warren St stop or N10 at 05:21.

The bus running times at that time of the morning seem to be much better
than standard, according to the TfL journey planner. Anyone done that sort
of thing and agree or otherwise?

Maybe the District & Circle Lines from East Putney to Euston Square would
be better? First train at 05:03 gets me to Euston Square at 05:44, a very
similar time to the bus, if not slightly later.

I haven't checked the journey planner for those times, but I'd always
assume Vauxhall and Victoria Line for getting from Putney to Euston.

Normally but perhaps not that early in the morning.

First trains Putney to Vauxhall are 0529 arrive 0541 and then the next
is 0551 arrive 0603 which would be cutting it incredibly fine!

Vic line trains from Vauxhall are timetabled at 0530, 0545 and 0600 -
so if the mainline train arrived on time and then one moved quick and
caught the 0545 tube train all would be good, but it doesn't leave any
margin for error.

With the bus there's another route 14 from Putney at 0518 arrival at
Warren Street 0604 or earlier, and also an N10 that takes departs
Putnet at 0521 and takes a different and more direct route through
town which continues past Warren Street to Euston itself arriving at
0557. If needs be I'd take the first of these that came to get up to
Warren Street.