Old November 9th 08, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:27:49 -0000, "John Holt"
wrote:

And this is called 'progress' ????!!!!

Yes. It's very useful to those who don't use buses frequently, aren't
familiar with the route or aren't paying attention to where they are
and reading the paper. Or, for that matter, those who are blind.

The only thing I'd change about it is to have the route announcement
either removed or only announced every few stops, as it's that (not
the stop announcements) that does grate a bit.

On-board stop displays and announcements have been used for years in
mainland Europe, and it was about time they made it to the UK. More,
please.

Neil

--
Neil Williams