Old November 9th 08, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

In message , John Holt
writes

Is it just me or does anyone else find travelling on any London bus now
COMPLETELY HIDEOUS?

Constant, loud, intrusive and unnecessary recorded announcements blasted out
every 15-20 seconds and no escape from it, even with earphones in to attempt
to drown out the background hell...

On the 33, the route I use most often, the announcements are almost too
quiet to hear, so I imagine there must be a volume control. Have you
tried asking the driver if it can be adjusted?

--
Paul Terry