Old November 9th 08, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message ...

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On-board stop displays and announcements have been used for years in
mainland Europe, and it was about time they made it to the UK. More,
please.

What we *really* want is to replace the front destination blind with a
nice big LED display.

Not always useful! I ran across the forecourt at London Bridge last week to
jump on what I assumed to be a 149 (bendy) to Liverpool St, only to find the
internal display said "521 to Waterloo". I slunk off shamefacedly feeling
like a tourist.

MaxB