Old November 9th 08, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on Heathrow Connect

On 9 Nov, 19:37, Richard wrote:

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:52:29 GMT, (Neil

Williams) wrote:
I have wondered if it would make more sense, given the open nature of
DLR's system, to have a flat fare and readers on-board instead of
having them on the stations.

Agreed. *I think the same can be said for trams.

Of course in London the trams do already operate on a flat fare basis
on Croydon Tramlink - they didn't start off like this but things were
switched around a number of years ago so trams basically became an
equivalent to buses.

Though of course the point you were making is that trams should have
on-board Oyster readers. I suppose there are several pluses and
minuses to doing things either way.