Old November 10th 08, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

In message , John Holt
writes
Is it just me or does anyone else find travelling on any London bus now
COMPLETELY HIDEOUS?

And this is called 'progress' ????!!!!

I feel the same about the beeping before the doors close on the Tube.
It's easy to understand why the jobs worths at TFL think audible warning
and information are a good idea. i.e. Little old ladies get caught in
the doors less and get off at the right stop more often :-)

But I think they underestimate the effect of noise pollution in an
already noisy world. Like you I find most bus journeys of more than a
couple of stops very unpleasant. But lets face it buses have been little
more than 4 wheeled drop in centres for years :-)

--
Edward Cowling "'Cause onces a good girl goes bad
We gone forever"