Old November 10th 08, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote
I feel the same about the beeping before the doors close on the Tube. It's
easy to understand why the jobs worths at TFL think audible warning and
information are a good idea. i.e. Little old ladies get caught in the
doors less and get off at the right stop more often :-)
But I think they underestimate the effect of noise pollution in an already
noisy world. Like you I find most bus journeys of more than a couple of
stops very unpleasant. But lets face it buses have been little more than 4
wheeled drop in centres for years :-)

Easy to sneer now; but you'll be a little old lady one day, and may be
grateful for some of the annoying safety features.

And it's easy to blame 'jobsworths', while European law is behind most, and
UK law accounts for the rest. My guess is is that TfL cares for the less
fit and able no more than you do. Sad old world, but there ya go.
--

Andrew