Old November 10th 08, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"David Cantrell" wrote:
3) instead of saying "Denmark Street" say "Denmark Street, Charing Cross
Road" (and similar for other stops which aren't actually on the
street they're named after, or which are named for a nearby
building).
Someone I mentioned number 3 to a few weeks ago said it would be
confusing. Well, if it is, then I suppose that Dean St, Chinatown and
Green Park, Constitution Hill need changing. No doubt there are others.

I think it needs to be 'on their merits' (as it currently is). In many cases
a cross street or area can be helpful - but not always.

Another anomoly is where a route reaches a 'focal point' - for example, the
393 from Chalk Farm eventually reaches 'Holloway Road, Nag's Head', then
turns right and proceeds to 'Holloway Road, Nag's Head'.

I keep meaning to check whether the buses heading from Archway to Highbury
Corner (271, 43; North-South) do the same thing.
--

Andrew