Old November 11th 08, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On 11/11/08 08:20, in article
, "Railist"
wrote:

I really like them, I don't find them that intrusive, especially when
she says 'Seats are available on the upper deck', as the morons on my
local route, 417, are frightened of stairs it seems and bunch around
the front doors.

She also drowns out the sound from leaking headphones, which is much
more of a distraction.

I find they're a bit loud on some buses.

Does anybody have a full list of the announcements available, other than the
route, destination and next stop?

I've heard:

'Bus will wait here whilst drivers are changed'

'Bus will wait here for a few minutes in order to help regulate the service'

'The next bus stop is closed'

And a couple of others that I can't remember.