Old November 11th 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default DLR delays?

"Graham Harrison" wrote:
Yes... don't get me started about the BBC travel news and railways. They
seem to be incapable of doing any more than parroting what one TOC tells
them. For instance (I can't remember the exact words) "SWT trains are
replaced by buses between Southampton and Basingstoke." Well, if SWT
trains are replaced, what's happening to XC on the same route?

I'd guess that probably 95% of 'news' is simply rewritten press releases.
Few journalists ever bother to ask questions, let alone challenge the
'facts'
Plus many 'news' services employ no journalists at all.
--

Andrew