Old November 11th 08, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR delays?

On Nov 11, 6:02*pm, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote:
Yes... don't get me started about the BBC travel news and railways. * They
seem to be incapable of doing any more than parroting what one TOC tells
them. * For instance (I can't remember the exact words) "SWT trains are
replaced by buses between Southampton and Basingstoke." * Well, if SWT
trains are replaced, what's happening to XC on the same route?

I'd guess that probably 95% of 'news' is simply rewritten press releases.
Few journalists ever bother to ask questions, let alone challenge the
'facts'
Plus many 'news' services employ no journalists at all.

Hmm. Doesn't explain nonsensical stories like "services from Dartford
to Victoria being diverted because of problems on the Lewisham line".

(The problems were on the Bexleyheath line, and the routes converge
again at Lewisham, which was therefore the first scheduled place they
were calling at after Dartford [via Sidcup], despite the story
implying it was where they were diverted away from. Was this
information really provided by a TOC or was it BBC News that randomly
jumbled all the words?)