Old November 11th 08, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"Paul Weaver" wrote :
I dont state any frequencies, buses are a distress purchase,
however the OP has already stated that earphones don't work.
The problem is with your suggestion that spending £200
on a fashion accessory will somehow make them work.

Sure, he did state that headphones don't work; he must have weird hearing
or - more likely - he's making it up as he goes along. If an iPhone costs so
much (I wouldn't know - I don't buy fashion accessories), then a standard
MP3 player or a cassette player at £9 or less will suffice. Batteries not
included.

Or a good book.

Alternatively, he could stop foaming at the mouth and exaggerating both
noise level and frequency of announcements and get a life. Sadly, however,
we have to live with the fact that there's no cure for rabies.
--

Andrew