Old November 12th 08, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default DLR delays?

"MIG" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 6:39 pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 11 Nov, 18:14, MIG wrote:

snip

Hmm, I don't think so - today's DLR is very different from what it was
on opening. The signalling system has changed entirely (or almost
entirely) since then.

It's certainly different from the early noughties when I used to
commute on it quite a lot because it was the slow but reliable
option. Now it's the even slower and totally unreliable option. I
tend only to use it on my PAYG days, or I would if it ever ran ...

You lot have it easy! When I started using the DLR we only had Tower Gateway
to Island Gardens. Services only ran Mon to Fri and stopped at 2100 in the
evening. Since I was fitting out a building near Canada Tower this was a
complete pain. And when I started office working there and Bank opened, but
no Jubilee line, and the service conked out (usually a failure at the
junction to Tower Gateway) you were marooned in the bowls of the City with
no choice but to wait it out or take District Line/bus services to get to
work (eventually).

As for ExCel - the building of which led to the destruction of THE Custom
House. Another act of major vandalism!

MaxB