Old November 13th 08, 07:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:01:43 +0000, Stephen Furley
wrote:

Does anybody have a full list of the announcements available, other than the
route, destination and next stop?

I've heard:

'Bus will wait here whilst drivers are changed'

'Bus will wait here for a few minutes in order to help regulate the service'

'The next bus stop is closed'

And a couple of others that I can't remember.

Seats are available on the upper deck (as someone else mentioned).

No standing on the upper deck or stairs.

I think I'v heard no smoking and cctv messages too, though I could be
confused with something else.

What there needs to be is a "no playing music out loud" - I was driven
off the upper deck of a 65 the other week by an antisocial *******
playing tinny music on a mobile (who was utterly unaware of why I was
glaring at him!) - I asked the driver if he had such a message to play
but he denied it.