Old December 4th 03, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.legal
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Legal challenges and congestion charging for 30 second journey leaving zone?

On 4 Dec 2003 07:27:03 -0800, deja user wrote:
Me : Excuse me, I don't know what to do, I may have entered the
congestion charging zone, but I can't be sure. Can you tell me if I
have been or not?

TFL: I'm sorry, but we don't have that information.

snip

Now, from a legal standpoint, where does this leave you and me, the
driver? This is flagrant double standards. The REAL reason they
can't/don't want to tell you is that their rate of detection might
only be 75%ish.

That may or may not be true but I expect the real reason they can't
tell you is the information isn't available in real time at the
call centre. The system probably works by generating a list of
recorded number plates and comparing it at the end of the day with
the list that paid.

David