Old November 14th 08, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"David Cantrell" wrote:
In this case, I'm inclined to say "**** the blind".
Remember, there are very very few blind people. Activists for partially
sighted advocacy groups seem to like to confuse the issue, but people
with quite severe visual problems can read the really big day-glo signs
on buses without significant difficulty.

There are many many people, who would never call themselves blind, or even
partially sighted, who have trouble reading bus blinds.

I think you may be confusing the large 43 and the rather smaller "Friern
Barnet".

But I'm not supporting talking bus stops, I promise!
--

Andrew