Old November 14th 08, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On 11 Nov, 18:12, wrote:

If there is one thing that seriously grates on the Tube, it's the
continuous announcements on the stations when the train is stopped
there. None of them are necessary, except possibly stating once only
where the train is going for the benefit of the blind/partially
sighted. The Met line, for some reason, is the absolute worst for
this, particularly the announcer at Farringdon who just can't shut up.

Not surprising, considering that it Farringdon appears to actually be a
pretty important hub. I mean, besides FCC Thameslink, you have the Circle,
Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Line going through there. And I've
alsways found that the Met seems to get more attention than other lines in
terms of announcements.