Old November 15th 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Constant anouncements on London Buses

In message
,
Railist writes

I think it's Route 133 to/from Liverpool Street. When someone presses
the bell to get off, this loud, asthmatic alarm sound starts, with a
stilted 'Bus. Stopping. At. Next. Bus. Stop. Please. Stand. (Well.?)
Clear. Of. Doors'.

Every single stop. For the entire journey.

It reminds me of a comment by Heinlen in one of his books. That if we
get to the point where we need to put instructions on packets of tooth
picks then every sane person should leave and go live in the wilderness
:-)

Now where did I put those bear traps ? :-)

--
Edward Cowling "It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you"